Bhp/Torque - whats 'enough'?

SlickV8

Yippee. Who said wiggle the fuses? Genius!  Been bugging me all day so headed to the Unit for an hour; Took them out, put them back in and hey presto!  How weird is that?!

thank you chaps, 9.30pm now so too late to head out in it but sundays looking like a proper Father’s Day now....as in I’m gonna be out playing all day 🤣👍

This is quite common with 70's fuse boxes (I was going to say Spitfire/GT6 ones but had a similar thing in my 2000 the other day).  Either:

1. You get a bit of corrosion/gunk build up that's enough to insulate the fuse at one end or the other.  This is probably what you had and 'fixed' by just taking them out and putting them back in.
  2. The fuse holder arms creep over 40 years and just don't 'pintch' tightly enough on the fuse to make contact.  This is what I had on the 2000 and fixed but a little longnose plier pintching to close them up snug again.
  3. The fusebox has managed to melt and flow around one fuse end, insulating it.  Had that in my Spitfire so fitted another new fusebox (but with hindsight should have fitted a modern fuse box - live and learn).

quick update; I put 100 odd miles on it then the throttle return spring gave up!?. Twisted it back on so it worked enough to drive home only to discover the custom bracket that holds the new crank sensor worked loose so I spent an hour stranded roadside until i found the problem... Grrrr

Until then i'd say its definitely a worthwhile conversion. The car pulls really well, revs cleanly and sounds a little deeper. Easily keeps up with traffic and seemed quite happy even overtaking everything on a dual carriageway.

Not sure when i'm going to chance to look at the sensor and find out why its come loose but looking forward to just being able to use it over the summer once thats sorted

Thanks again for all your input