Swing Spring Conversion

not if you carry a load of passengers or a boot full of picnic stuff 

i had a canley kit on my Vitesse  Saloon  it was terrible  . low  no ride , and excessive camber , but lots of body roll , 

a convertible has a lower C of G that the saloon but i spent a year of pain before  its  removal 

a lowering block gives a better stance and is  a very cheap fix 

Pete

Interesting, as supposedly the swing spring was an improvement by Triumph. I've got a convertible if it makes a difference to the upgrade. Did you fit the uprated front anti roll bar? 

Thanks for your reply, food for thought and money saving

yes had the later  anti roll 

ended up fitted courier spring and 1" lowering block   now that was brilliant 

with the swinger we even got gaz to make a shorter shocker but it just goes lower  and lower

found the orig shocker was bottomed out on its 3 bump rings  so had to remove them to get travel

not all have these problems but the weight/height   of a H &v is very different to a spitfire  

pete

1 minute ago, Nigel Clark said:

Or to be controversial...

Leave the rear suspension standard and enjoy the quirky handling. It's really not as bad as its reputation, just so long as you don't back off the accelerator in a fast corner. That's when it can get exciting!

Nigel

Well it never bothered me before. The car has been off the road for four years due to the clutch failing just before MOT then the garage I usually used closed and work all got in the way.

I'm now in the position to work on it and almost ready to take body off chassis (it never seemed to sit right, all gaps off) so thought if I'm going that far maybe an upgrade

1 minute ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes had the later  anti roll 

ended up fitted courier spring and 1" lowering block   now that was brilliant 

with the swinger we even got gaz to make a shorter shocker but it just goes lower  and lower

found the orig shocker was bottomed out on its 3 bump rings  so had to remove them to get travel

not all have these problems but the weight/height   of a H &v is very different to a spitfire  

pete

Cheers looks like I'll just renew any worn parts then 

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

the slightly thicker ARB was used on most of the later cars 

pretty much all the thin ones will be bent 

there are lots of thoughts on these creat more oversteer  but my thoughts are that is more to do with geomerty errors in the first place 

always worth a read 

Thanks for that 👍