1966 Vitesse 1600/6 Fuel Pipes - Ethinol

martyn wright

Hi All!  I have already fitted New Fuel pipes, Copper and Rubber to my vitesse over the past  year?  The car is still not ready for the road as yet but in 2 months I am hoping to get it up and running!   so will I now need to change my "unleaded" Rubber Pipes for the New Ethinol Pipes?

Cheers

Martyn

2 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Hi All!  I have already fitted New Fuel pipes, Copper and Rubber to my vitesse over the past  year?  The car is still not ready for the road as yet but in 2 months I am hoping to get it up and running!   so will I now need to change my "unleaded" Rubber Pipes for the New Ethinol Pipes?

Cheers

Martyn

Only use Gates Barricade fuel pipe , available from the Club Shop or Moss . Don’t be tempted to use R9 grade from EBay as most of it is fake 

Paul 

what ever you use keep an eye on any deterioration,

I have some gates barricade to fit to my 2000  but the original years old hose is working and holding up well 

the caution was due to many supplies being fake and even non ethanol fuel deteriorated in months as not even being petrol proof let alone any E additives 

an just to add its a concern but i don't see any reports of ethanol problems on here with carbs , pumps and hoses disolving 

only problems from crap rubber fakes bought on the myth everything will fail , bit like the millennium clock .

yes enthanol may well be a problem to us but do not get paranoid , most flea bay cures end up a disaster of your own making  

remember the orig triumph spec would be written to be fuel and addatives of the day proof , likely far better than whats on the open market

of derisory products aimed at your wallet not your reliability 

dont get caught with a must have that will bit your bum on a dark wet night ...leaking 

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

what ever you use keep an eye on any deterioration,

I have some gates barricade to fit to my 2000  but the original years old hose is working and holding up well 

the caution was due to many supplies being fake and even non ethanol fuel deteriorated in months as not even being petrol proof let alone any E additives 

an just to add its a concern but i don't see any reports of ethanol problems on here with carbs , pumps and hoses disolving 

only problems from crap rubber fakes bought on the myth everything will fail , bit like the millennium clock .

yes enthanol may well be a problem to us but do not get paranoid , most flea bay cures end up a disaster of your own making  

remember the orig triumph spec would be written to be fuel and addatives of the day proof , likely far better than whats on the open market

of derisory products aimed at your wallet not your reliability 

dont get caught with a must have that will bit your bum on a dark wet night ...leaking 

Pete

Thanks Pete!! As Always!