Truimph 2000 rear self adjusting set up

Woody2000

Hi has anyone got any pictures of the set up for the self adjusting spring and plates 

i have copied them from the previous shoes fitted before but doesn’t look right 🥺

2nd  picture is what they were like when I took them off and 1st picture is how I think they should be 

ideas ??? Thanks 

9EDCEBC8-C72E-4C75-9163-746C3DC40A36.jpeg

16FE9640-D2BF-4910-887C-805AEB8156E1.jpeg

and if you ever need the spreader bar the stag version is much cheaper to buy and is exactly the same but the handbrake cable lever is 15mm longer

doesnt affect cable line up or make extra  operating travel but does give you a realy good handbrake 

the WSM does give the shoe and adjuster orientation along with all the spring positions 

i gave up with modern replacement bonded  shoes which just generated black sticky gunge ,and refitted a set of oe riveted , much better braking  from these 

pete

it was a lockheed brake used on many makes of the day 

like all it relies on the HB cable not holding things open when Off and the small lever pivot can seize ,

that upside down is worrying that guys can get something so very wrong , that raises how did they get on with the strong spring and geting the spreader bar engaged its a system that works realy well but like all needs to resemble whats in the manual to work ...a good .one for a rogues gallery 

Pete

i found on mine the slot in the small ratchet that is supposed to be pokable via the drum hole to release the rack is not visible to prod

and new drums from a good supplier were machined like thrupenny bit ...awful  obviously skimmed out on a lathe chuck so the jaws distort and give wonderful lobbing   not expensive  but  a waste of money  

they were a must have on offer i didnt need   if i had a nodding dog (remember them ) on the back shelf it would have thrown up 

pete