Truimph 2000 rear shoe and spring set up

Woody2000

Hi after all  the help with getting my adjusters on the right way round  on the shoes  I’m having problems with which side the shoe with the adjuster goes 

working on rear drivers side so think this looks right but Haynes book is confusing me think I have it right in top picture ??? 

One more question can’t quite work out where the handbrake spring goes  think I have it the right way round but cant work it out on bottom picture didn’t take picture of that one 😡

B7F5C41A-E19D-474D-8471-B77DB9F2F548.jpeg

32CE6A90-39F8-4ABB-90D3-E561931F2E02.jpeg

3A110694-F9DA-4AAA-A322-E9CE47F556ED.jpeg

no the spring fits in the shoe hole with the other spring and the other end hooks over the V shaped lump/notch on the bar

its is realy a good fight to get this on and if you pull the hub and shaft out ( only a few nuts)  you get full access without the hub getting in the way ,  takes 10 mins to remove  makes life easier , silliest side is getting the plastic UJ cover back thro' the back plate

note the 6 nuts have a low torque  not looked it up but light hand tight 6/8 lbft as the trailing arm is alloy and many manage

to strip if using a gorrila 

Pete

got mine from club but agree not listed now  ...why 

yes blue AKM3974   Blue coverd mk1 and mk2 2000/2500 /Pi   

bit pricey  but Rimmers stock them 

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-AKM3974

even haynes  show the rear shoe set up with a bit of a head scratch  isbn 0 85696 611 8 

and autobooks always give tech drawings of the bits to twiddle isbn 0 85147 667 8

worth a look out for 

Pete

just called Angie and they dont now stock as there is a min order and the 2000/2500 is a slow moving stock so its all down to costs and turnover 

we need more 2000  in the club/on the road  ha 

so in simple its order 50  sell 2 a year   stock holding lasts for ever .no income    

Pete

the trouble with that image it almost   implies the staright end of the spreader bar spring is to hook where woody pictured it around the tail of the quadrant lever    wrong  it goes in the hole in the shoe used also buy the other return spring 

this orients the coiled end to align with the V shaped lug on the spreader bar ,   you need a gorilla to fit this 

often assemble with the rear shoe and spreader in a  vice and fiddle on the car assembled

if you ever need replacement spreader bars get a stag unit  exactly the same but has extra 15 on the cable quadrant ...now you get a hand brake 

pete

i posted the publication  number above /\ and  club shop do not stock 2000/2500 WSM now you wont find it there .

what rimmers show is same as myself and Rob have def does mk1 / 2  and 2500  and both Pi 

taking the drive shaft and hub out might sound extreme but its only 4 bolts on a coupling and 6 small nuts on the backplate and you pull the whole assy through the hole in the back plate , fitting the shoe springs it then a doddle as you can see what youre doing  refit two  back plate nuts to support your fight with the springs 

again very light torque   eg  mild hand tight on these 6 nuts or you strip thestuds out of the  trailing arm  !!!!!!!!!

Pete