NOS Clutch Master Cylinder

Paul H

Rimmers are quoting it as 'Clutch - all models' under Herald Spitfire GT6 and Vitesse, with no distinction for very late GT6 either.

I ran a check of GMC205, just for curiosity, online via Bing and it's amazing how many of the more reputable sellers are selling this, or the equivalent, as suitable for all models as a clutch MC and for all Heralds or Vitesse 1600 as brake MC.

Are the bigger versions still available, Doug?

In my anxiousness to tell you about ME and what I know, I didn't notice CLUTCH and spoke of the GT6  BRAKE MC  :wub: Apologise to Paul.

It's been a long lockdown :(

9 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Are the bigger versions still available, Doug?

NO! :angry: Hen's teeth! For the 0.75 Rimmers referrer you to the previous model although they still sell the 0.75" repairer kit.  

When I thought I had a problem with the BMC I couldn't find anywhere that had a 0.75" Fortunately it wasn't the MC. I proved this by installing a friends spare 0.7" and had had the same problem. 

Disconcerting the 0.7" needed much more pedal travel, about half way down before anything happened. 

Doug

6 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

In my anxiousness to tell you about ME and what I know, I didn't notice CLUTCH and spoke of the GT6  BRAKE MC  :wub: Apologise to Paul.

It's been a long lockdown :(

I was wondering myself, but I'm not so au fait with the later GT6 models (despite having one back in the 1990s) so assumed you meant the clutch, too.

My own GT6 has the 0.7 brake MC, being early, and having just refurbished a spare one over Lockdown it should hopefully be correct for my own car.

• Thanks 1