Spitfire 1500 Rear Windscreen Glass Seal

Black Cat

Where can I get the correct seal for the rear windscreen for my hardtop. I've looked in the obvious places, Rimmer, Wins, T. D. Fitchett and Moss but the cheapest one I can fine is still about £60.00.?

Have sent a message to  COH Baines to see if they have anything suitable.

I'm told that it should be a Lip Seal type of profile.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

COH Gaines do actually have a moulding which is very similar to the original. Their ref is IRS1181EPDM and is £8.52 (plus vat???) per mtr, you will need 3mtr. They also do an insert for it ref PT10a. This is a cheaper option than Padd*did, but I must stress that I have not tried it as yet.

Sorry for the late reply. Not been on for a few weeks, been catching up on other things. Not that it will be much use but I have a built up a list of probable matches for door and hardtop seals for the standard Spitfire hardtop. Haven’t bought any yet, too many other things to catch up on thanks to a Windows 10 update taking out my virtual xp computer data files. Yes, I did have backups but they are u/s

11 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Windows 10 update taking out my virtual xp computer data files.

Which VM were you using? I know Microsoft wanted to kill off XP completely so the built-in Hyper-V not longer supports it. I'm in the process of helping my brother virtualise his old XP machine onto a nice new Win10 box - if it's going to be trouble for him I may need to take the plunge and get him on Linux.

I was the victim of my own computer ignorance. I was using VMWare 12. When a Win10 update came in I stupidly let it run. It came up with Win10 does not support this virtual computer, remove? Yes, I agreed. It not only took out VM12 but all the data files within its shell. Then Icouldn’t I find the data files in my backups. Not happy. Now to add insult etc, one of my backup drives is dying, thankfully I caught it early.

Ah, yes, the Microsoft standard solution to bits of Windows being broken - to delete any applications that use them. Sadly it's not just them. The maintainers of "systemd" (the currently in-vogue system service manager for Linux) found a problem with unwise renaming of Ethernet ports (where admins of boxes with multiple net ports wanted to rename them on top of each other) and "fixed" it by completely banning the explicit naming of ANY device - you only get the kernel's auto-identified name. Then the Gentoo maintainers took to "fixing" the lack of a regular maintainer for their packaging of applications by just deleting the package. And on and on.

Still, at least Apple have finally (almost) fixed the "Safari can't upload files" bug in all but the very latest MacOS

• 11 months later...