No door gap at top of quarter light.

Rutty

I have spent the day playing with my door gaps and getting the doors to shut with out slamming them. I have made some major improvements and found the major problem on the drivers door was the wedge in the anti burst catch was seized solid  I still have one problem that the top of the quarter light is hard up against the top of the windscreen frame on the drivers side. The gap at the bottom of the quarterlight  is fine and the passenger side is fine. I can lower the back edge of the door by adjusting the hinges to create a gap but then the anti-burst  catch is to low and wont close. Is there any adjustment on the quarterlight or is it a case that the top of the drivers side windscreen frame has moved backwards?

Thanks 

Mark

I am not 100% Sure BUT. behind a rubber plug on the front side of the door is a set screw. I think it may be possible to incline the quarter light to the rear?. I have read somewhere that the Windscreens can be pulled backwards over time Especially on C-V`s closing the top gap, more so if the "A" post is weak.????.

Others may have first hand experience.

Pete

the screw under the front rubber grommet does allow some height adjustment but only if you loosen the lower channel bracket under the door card

this fixing can adjust the tilt of the NDV frame  but it the gap is quite tapered its going to need the bulkhead side rail body mounts packing to tilt the front tub 

and gain a parallel gap A post to NDV 

is this a convertible ????   the hood tension pulls the screen pillar/  A post  rearwards over the years   more so than on a tin top

Pete

I should have said its a Vitesse convertible, I will have a look at the NDV frame adjustment. I had found the screw under the grommet at the front of the door but not the one under the channel bracket.  As the rest of the door gaps are correct wont packing the bulkhead side rails affect them?

Mark 

Packing the side-rails = last resort in my book!  Unless you are really bored.

There is quite a bit of adjustment in the quarter-light but you really need to take the door card off to access the various fasteners.  If you have to adjust it alot, you might also have to adjust the rear glass channel to keep the window winding up and down sweetly - and, as Pete says, do watch the effect of the the hood and the screen pillars move quite a bit if the hood is tight.

Lubricating the catch mechanism and the sliding wedge on the bottom of the striker plate, plus the anti-burst guides further down makes a huge difference to how the door shuts.

Nick

16 hours ago, Rutty said:

Thanks everyone for your comments I will take the door card off and have a proper look at the adjustments.

Mark

Here’s a pic of the adjustment nut on the front section of the quarterlight . There’s about 20mm adjustment though whether the nut will slide is debatable due to rust . This nut does move now but too some persuasion to start . The sticking point is the curve in the channel 

AA9195A3-D0D8-444A-9725-C876D6B5917B.thumb.jpeg.d42ceafab522941b46ffe6a06801d3cc.jpeg

Paul