Colour Change

Simon

Hi All, so my 1972 MK2 2000 is currently Honeysuckle, it needs some body work and has even been hand painted in places!
So will do a respray, but should I keep the same colour or change it to another? Will it affect any future resell interest \ price? Is there a desirable colour to have?
Thanks

Originality is always more desirable to some; to others  a good paint job is more important (unless it’s a really yucky shade!). Honeysuckle isn’t the worst and it suits that particular car. I’d keep it original, but as always it’s up to your own choice as owner. Whatever floats your boat!

A colour change is OK and won't affect price if done properly, which would mean painting inner panels, under carpets and so on. The question is do you like the colour? I wouldn't buy anything magenta but other people love it. :o

Notice you've got a couple of Figaros, love them! Always wanted one.

We aren't talking about $million classic cars here (the Practical Classic price guide has a concourse 2000 down as only £4,500) so a change of colour won't have any significant affect on the car's value.

Depends a lot on what YOU want and how much time/effort/money you want to put in.

As mentioned, a proper colour change is a lot more work  but unless you want it to be really obvious, it all needs doing. But keep to the same colour and life is much easier. (my toledo has had a colour change, under bonnet, floors, inside the boot etc are still yellow, outside red. I may get to paint some of those bits when I give it a "weekend respray" over the winter)

I

Hi Simon,

I agree with all above, but maybe you should also consider if your car has matching numbers (?) when making the descision. If not, then choose whatever color you think is best. If it has matching numbers and it is very original, then maybe honeysuckle will add a few pounds in value? But as mentioned above, our cars are not very  expensive, regardless of color...