Girling brake master cylinder circlips

Colin Lindsay

Does anyone have a source for these original circlips? I'm trying to restore a very manky Spitfire 1500 brake master cylinder, 5/8 bore and I can get the rest of the refurbishing clip but not the circlip, which was missing completely. It's the original style I want, the one that comes out with normal pliers, not the version with the two holes (nor any of the other weird or wonderful versions suppliers are selling these days). Some suppliers show the diagram below but actually supply the later flat version.

Does anyone know of a source?

1749508315_ScreenShot2021-05-09at11_19_48.jpg.35a94ddadae94969fca427bc3cfec7c9.jpg  E183E5C7-E5EA-4584-B50E-892E0A357EBA_1_105_c.jpg.4f05a022e90ddc308e32a95aa2391139.jpg

I think I may have a spare one (or do you need more?) of those?, if you get stuck with this, but would have to have a route around and hopefully be able to find it.

Also not sure if it's from clutch/brake MC, or even a clutch slave (are the clips different sizes?). All for Vitesse.

Oh, just to add, I think it's from a seal kit, bought a few years ago, so not an old original, though that style.

Can pop it the post no prob (I assume, just small letter UK price, or is NI different?) 

Edited by daverclasper
  • Thanks 1

No panic, Dave - I have a few of them spare so no need for your very generous offer, but the Spitfire cylinder I was working on was missing one (the guts just fell out when I took it off the car). It's just in case I ever need one and of course being me I like the originals, so was wondering if they were available somewhere.

Colin another possible source of the external pronged circlip is from some old UJ's I found a couple spare units in my box of circlips where I put the old UJ circlips, keep them if I have to adjust the UJ bearing float. The one's I have appear to be the same dia as the master cylinder ones.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Colin another possible source of the external pronged circlip is from some old UJ's I found a couple spare units in my box of circlips where I put the old UJ circlips, keep them if I have to adjust the UJ bearing float. The one's I have appear to be the same dia as the master cylinder ones.

Now that's interesting!! Must go explore the possibilities. I have a lot of UJ circlips including uprated and odd shapes.