Cleaning out Hard Water Deposits

AidanT

Sodium bicarbonate?!?

That won't remove the skin from a rice pudding!

It might blow the pudding up into puffed rice,but will do nothing for engine deposits.

No such compound as "sodium hydrochloride"

Na "hypochlorite" is bleach.

Na chloride is common salt.

John

best thing about the vinegar treatment is  ....the desire for some chips when driving   !!!

never use it in the screen wash, works well on cleaning glass but the hunt for a chip shop becomes overwhelming

soda does a good job of cleaning tea pots false teeth , soft cloths wash and gets the brown sludge dissolved and flush  out of old systems , its just very cheap 

quite obtainable and worth a try  ,  

Aidans tried  most now, and getting some results , when he's completed the variety of tests he can post a vote     Ha !

Hi 

Final Post on this  -Everything completed and now running on the 4 Life fluid from the club

So Just some pointers

1 My car took just over seven litres but that's because I have a five Core Radiator which takes an extra litre - From theis the Capacity is 6.5 Litres from Dry

Try again

Final Post on this  -Everything completed and now running on the 4 Life fluid from the club

So Just some pointers

1               My car took just over seven litres but that's because I have a five Core Radiator which takes an extra half litre - From this the Capacity is 6.5 Litres from Dry

2               For cleaning, the proprietary cleaner came out worst, soda crystals were best

3               When Lime scale is solid and  your block drain is blocked (no pun intended) squirt a little drain cleaner in the hole and but the bolt back in then attack with a small screwdriver with its                    end bent @ 90 degrees  (the last ¼”)

4               Use vinegar to clear lime-scale deposits system burps are a good sign  J  Use the advice above!

That’s it folks

• 5 months later...