COURIER VAN PANEL LIGHTS.

Rabbit

Could anyone confirm that the 1964 Courier van had any panel lights. Despite laying on back and looking up  into back I cannot see any provision for said lights. A co-worker said he thought that NO, No lights. Cannot really believe that they would be released onto the road in the 60s with no panel lights. Tnaks.

Whilst I agree. You would be amazed just how basic 50/60`s commercial vehicles actually where. My Thames 5cwt van had a demister element that stuck on the screen with 2 suction pads! and plugged into a socket under the dash!. I drove a Thames 4D flatbed in which we used a Paraffin Sump heater for cab heating, and had only one windscreen wiper on the driver side. All 3 speed boxes with no syncromesh on first. Only one bulb behind the dashboard on that too. The "trafficators" where prone not to work, without a thump on the cab side, OR you used arm signals!!. Which I had to demonstrate to pass the test!.

Pete

9 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Thanks Pete, will check but I did pull switch to check and it has  only one position. Will keep this forum informed. Could always carry a torch!

It isn`t "pull and turn" Or "turn and pull" is it?. I`ve seen that before?.

Pete