Under seal

Black Cat

6 hours ago, Black Cat said:

Has anybody got any views on Lanoguard Moto Spray under-body protection. I'm looking for a clear finish and this one seems to fit the bill but I would like other people opinion please

I am suspicious. There are adverts everywhere for Lanoguard, but I cannot find an independant test or any reference to it being used on oil rigs, by OEM or having a military spec. 

There are other products out there that do. So a choice, either try Lanoguard, and hope it really is as good as it claims. Or check the independant tests and be certain you are getting a top quality product. 

For me, I use Dinitrol in 2 flavors, a really thin one for seams/box sections etc. And a very hard wax for wheel arches and areas that are subject to stone damage, water splash etc. (5 years and over 25K in all weathers, the hard wax is still intact. I was expecting to renew annually. The rest of the car is doing well in the areas I used teh thin stuff)

I've found two sets of users who've tried it... going by the second set of posts it's an annual application, at least, seems easy to apply but needs renewed after a season. Same as most of the stuff I use on mine, so no big deal.

https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/75146-underbody-protection-lanoguard/

https://forum.mx5oc.co.uk/t/anyone-tried-lanoguard-underbody-treatment/122905/19

Thanks Gents,

Think I will go for Paul's suggestion Bilt-Hamber. They do a transparent one.

Before I order I will contact them and see if there are any restrictions of when it can be applied as my car is kept outside undercover, unfortunately no garage.

Best regards