Hello from a new member in Scotland :-)

Hi guys,

I thought I would say hello as a new member of TSSC.

I bought a 1971 Mk 4 Spitfire last year and am looking forward to driving it more around the roads of Perthshire and beyond this coming spring and summer.

Having grown up with a Dad who has various Triumphs back in the day my favourite was a Spitfire he bought brand new. It was one of the last ones and I remember picking it up (JSF109X) brand new from Taggarts of Dunfermline back in 1982. I remember being relegated to the back seat/shelf and cannot get my head around how I fitted in there and how my parents thought that was a safe place to travel in a car:-)

40 years on and I thought it would be the perfect wee car to have a go at classic car ownership. 

I will hopefully be able to link up with some local members around Perth and Kinross area over the coming months and share experiences.

Thanks,

KeithIMG_1735.thumb.jpg.fec0eb663d26da2eb9cfb41993103987.jpg

IMG_2182.JPG

• Like 3

Hello Keith from someone who is also a relative newcomer to the forum. They (We) are a mad bunch but provide a lifetime's experience and know how on all matters Triumph. I wouldn't want to be without them. That's a nice looking Spit that you have and I hope you get to enjoy it as much as I enjoy my pair (A GT6 Mk3 and a Sixfire "1500").

• Like 1