Photos from Family Albums

Mike Costigan

Originally White, with increasing patches of "ferrous oxide". "Sorted" and re-sprayed in an empty garage between house moves. SWMBO`s "commuter" for several years. Fitted with a Tow bracket, It Towed a Lightweight Baily 10ft Caravan. Sold when Herself lost the strength in the Left leg after surgery and couldn`t manage a clutch anymore.

image.thumb.jpeg.e80e47fd1f6b54777e717c2a83a79e03.jpeg

DVLA. show it on SORN. But it last changed hands in 2012?.

• Like 1

My first Tr7 and my first Triumph.   

1986 purchased with a bank loan and some money from my first Pay as a graduate engineer with Wimpey the builders.     Had some crazy headlight conversion which i believe some one offered at the time becsuse of the problem with the headlights. Broke down and overheated so many times that i had to sell it 3 months later as i had spent the same amount as i prchased it again on repairs and work was moaning at me as i was late so many times.    Traded it in for a 2.0LS Capri mk 3.   Which was totally reliable.    

247392394_tr7(3).thumb.jpg.0d9121ae2f62f9c906e9902e8d57a067.jpg

Since then i have had another tr7 when i was able to afford money and time for a toy 20 odd years later which i had for 10 years.  A spitfire and a herald came and went, and now have the Herald im restoring and a parts car. 

• Like 2

On 05/04/2022 at 16:44, mark powell said:

Seen also when on tour in either the South of France or Italy.  Picnic in the vineyards while the Vitesse cooled down!   I don't know which Vitesse this was, as they had a matched pair, saloon and convertible, both white with black stripe and sequential number plates.     

img20220405_08592099.jpg

Convertible, anti burst catch on door.

Hello all, first time poster.   I was browsing through my old photo albums as I wanted to dig out the old photos of my dads Spitfire when he had this one in the mid 80's.  Out of curiosity I did a quick DVLA check to see how much longer it lasted after we had it, and was blown away to see it was last taxed up until 2019!!!  Albeit the DVLA has it down as red now, so it's clearly had a colour change.   So that led me on a forum search to see if the current owner is registered here, and much browsing brought a dead end. Anyway, I saw this post about old family pics, so thought you might appreciate this one from a camping trip (yes we really did get that tent and all our gear in the car!)  I have a bunch more of it from the time we had it if the current owner ever see's this! 

Screenshot 2022-04-13 134605.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 13/04/2022 at 13:56, cj7 said:

Hello all, first time poster.   I was browsing through my old photo albums as I wanted to dig out the old photos of my dads Spitfire when he had this one in the mid 80's.  Out of curiosity I did a quick DVLA check to see how much longer it lasted after we had it, and was blown away to see it was last taxed up until 2019!!!  Albeit the DVLA has it down as red now, so it's clearly had a colour change.   So that led me on a forum search to see if the current owner is registered here, and much browsing brought a dead end. Anyway, I saw this post about old family pics, so thought you might appreciate this one from a camping trip (yes we really did get that tent and all our gear in the car!)  I have a bunch more of it from the time we had it if the current owner ever see's this! 

Screenshot 2022-04-13 134605.jpg

And I had that Blue/White Caravan (Only in green/white) in the middle distance around the same time period.:rolleyes:

Pete