Valvoline 10w60

Gadgetman

Not used the valvoline product, but worth checking the zddp levels. Need to be 1000ppm up to about 1600ppm 

I have used Millers CSS 20-60, and will continue. It is excellent, maintaining good oil pressure (better than VR1 20-50 I had used previously, which was better than a classic type 20-50 oil)

The 10-60 grade is used in BMW M series engines. So a proper fully synthetic oil such as that will find a triumph engine a doddle! 

49 minutes ago, clive said:

Not used the valvoline product, but worth checking the zddp levels. Need to be 1000ppm up to about 1600ppm 

I have used Millers CSS 20-60, and will continue. It is excellent, maintaining good oil pressure (better than VR1 20-50 I had used previously, which was better than a classic type 20-50 oil)

I've had a similar experience with Miller's 20-60 in a worn GT6 2 litre engine. It restored oil pressure when hot to specification after the engine had done 100,000 miles, kept it running fine for another 10,000 miles of reasonably hard use. At that stage I decided to refresh it with new piston rings and bearings.

Nigel

Currently using Dynolite Classic 20-60 for 1950-85 in my Mk12L Vitesse, bought from James Paddock.

Used a basic classic 20-50 for a thousand miles after inadvertently trying an oil coolant mix as engine lubricant, Dynolite shows a better oil pressure especially on hot tick over.

Regards

Paul