Herald estate bumpers

iana

Our herald estate is missing the bumpers, the rear valance is looking ropey (I have a new one ready to fit - winter job). I'm considering getting a full set of vitesse bumper trims and fitting that - just a clean up and polish. I'm assuming theyre a straight fit but would hide the crusty valance in the short term - self tapping screw straight into the valance.

The other option is a 'new' rubber bumper set which would be 'correct' but I understand theyre hard to maintain

Rubber bumpers are fine when new but can discolour with age unless kept clean and polished, but the other side of the coin is that Vitesse alloy versions can be harder to get marks and scratches out of, if you do manage to get a set. They'll screw into the valences but may have a slightly different profile so you might get the occasional gap - on mine, screwed into a 13/60 front valence, there is a different front corner profile so they sit out slightly.

12 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

there is a different front corner profile so they sit out slightly.

Interesting. The ones that the PO removed, for my 13/60, are currently in storage (Garage Loft). But I will have to look into that when I get to that Point. Are the rear sections OK?.

Pete

28 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Interesting. The ones that the PO removed, for my 13/60, are currently in storage (Garage Loft). But I will have to look into that when I get to that Point. Are the rear sections OK?.

Pete

I'll photograph later on to show what they're like on my car; might just be mine and different on anyone else's, but at least you'll know what to look out for.

• Thanks 1

yes vitesse front corners have a short dogleg bracket to make them stand out a little further than the valence profile 

i tried to shorten one and loose the bracket  Nah that really dosnt work 

was this all due to constrictions on forming  the radius  so the brkt makes it fit         who knows 

Pete