New noise 😒

cliff.b

48 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

but a little while back you said it wasnt noisy

never talk where they can hear you as they sit outside and workout how to get their own back 

Pete

Ha ha, that makes a lot of sense.

Ok, nut fitted, not as tight as it should be but tight enough to test and yes, the nasty noise has gone 🤞

I decided to take the pulley off to inspect and interestingly, there was no perceptible play, but the pulley did pull off easily. 

I need to get a suitable socket now and tighten properly.

431215835_Screenshot_20220709-1319092.thumb.png.98b31011683ff79027c82c38d4bcdf7f.png

17 minutes ago, cliff.b said:

Ok, nut fitted, not as tight as it should be but tight enough to test and yes, the nasty noise has gone 🤞

I decided to take the pulley off to inspect and interestingly, there was no perceptible play, but the pulley did pull off easily. 

I need to get a suitable socket now and tighten properly.

I believe the correct socket size is 1 13/16 but lots of people are saying a 46mm will do the job and I have found a nice shallow one for an impact driver.

Does anyone know if the 46mm is definitely ok?

4 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I'm sure that I used an adjustable spanner on mine, may even have been an old pair of stilsons. Obviously no good for torquing up. It was a long time ago though

I used a large pair of stilsons today, only thing I had that was big enough. 

think that would mask a problem  theres a design reason behind  why the 1500 upped the size and torque 

most are a fight to remove/undo   if it goes loose or missing then it probably was not tight enough in the first place 

tab washers are inherantly quite soft  it could deform over time and youre  back in the doo doo's

a loctite would probably be better but if tight and the keyway is a good fit there shouldnt be a problem

Pete