Fuel sender

Chris A

50 minutes ago, johny said:

No excuses for running out of fuel now then!

Other than being blinded by the bright sunlight and not being able to read the gauge or enjoying the scenery so much I forgot to look at it or forgetting that unlike my modern is doesn't go 'ping' when it gets to reserve. Speaking of which my modern did go 'ping' this morning. I have let it get low as from tomorrow the gouvernement are upping the subsidy on fuel from 18 centimes/l to 30 for the next 2 months.

Lucky man! I dipped my oil tank yesterday and within a fortnight I’ll have to spend the price of a Herald refilling it. Despite the price of bulk oil still coming down, fuel prices are going up. The difference in price between what I paid last time and the next bill would have bought a lot of interior trim for my convertible! Petrol is also now around 20p a litre cheaper than diesel here, if not more, but still high.

35 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Lucky man! I dipped my oil tank yesterday and within a fortnight I’ll have to spend the price of a Herald refilling it.

Fuel for cars only at the moment. electricity pegged for those of us who resisted the temptation to switch to private companies a while ago, now I am the one smirking.

I also would normally be ordering heating oil but have held off, like you, due to massive increase in price. Also waiting for more info on a government measure to give a subsidy on heating fuel. Details of how it will apply and to who etc. Original idea was for it to be like petrol & diesel, a reduction at the pump for everyone, but now it is to be targeted. Don't know if I'll qualify. 🤞

Diesel here now dearer than petrol, I've just done the calculation to see if it is cheaper to go shopping in the Triumph or take the diesel modern tomorrow . . .