Rear Radius Arms fitting

herald_1360

Hi All

Are the rear radius arms on a Herald 13/60 a bit of a pain to fit or have i got a something wrong?

I have got one side fitted but i did need about 4 sets of hands to push pull twist to get it all lined up. It was the last bolt on that side to fit so could be just how they are but didn't want to struggle fitting the other side if its wrong.

Are the wheels fitted, is it rolling?.

I had a problem to line it up after removing radius arm to replace bushes and coming back to fit a week later. Suspension etc had relaxed backwards.

Pete Lewis advised to chock front wheels and very slowly drive car forward to line up.

Managed to do it by pulling rear wheel forward then with a chock to lock it and stop it returning rearwards while lining up bolts to brackets. Worked easily for me!

Bit of a nightmare but easiest option is to fit those first, to both chassis and rear vertical link; then you can move the link about to match up with the spring. It's easier to bend the spring, or wiggle the link about, than to fight against those trying to fit the radius arm last.

I think I fitted the arms, then connected the spring, I also think I had the spring "loose" and pulled that into place afterward with extension Studs?. But it`s over 3 years since now, and I did have a Bare chassis to work on.!

Does Look like it?.

image.thumb.png.c75ef3d3f899f6bc28dd2070c65036e2.png

Pete