Outriggers & rear extensions

🤣 Trouble is, Pete, it won't be me doing it!! I never learned to weld, sadly. I do all the other works. Club leccy ign went on recently, Club hazards got fitted a while ago. Havr some LED reversing lights to put in next. Holding an electric fan . . . am un two minds about this though. But don't know why. 😀

Mainly due to the high Summer temps, I guess. Original 4-blade steel fan in place currently. And being in the S.E. there is always a huge chance, wherever I drive, of getting stuck in a jam for long periods. If she's running at tickover, crawling along in 40+C I feel she'd need all the help she could get - that 4-blader isn't going to cut it.🙂

Captive nut/flanges?. I just bolted through and put new stiff nuts and large washers to spread load, also make sure you have the bracing tubes between the top and bottom of the side rails or the rails will crush.

mine where tack welded into place but I was working on a bare chassis.

Pete

Appreciated! One of the two, supplied by the Brimmer Brothers, did NOT have bracing pieces and I had to pester them to get those. I haven't actually checked to see if North West Kent garage welded them in, yet but will be bearing that in mind - thanks for said reminder!😉

Just for info, Chic Doig is undertaking fabrication of a repair panel for the 'B' post, sill-round-to seat-heel-kick corrosion that's currently there. Is welded to the 'B' post support underneath, apparantly.

Best C

• 2 weeks later...

Folks:- with poly-bush, body-mount kit in hand and with photos you have kindly supplied showing some of the washers and captive nuts used, can anyone kindly supply an 'exploded' diagram type drawing of which goes where, please? 

My guess is the captive nut (with steel washer?) will be inside each of the tubular mount brackets, receiving a long bolt from underneath the side rail. Question is; are there other washers deployed in between the top of the side rail and tubular mounts?? 

Sorry to be so continually ignorant about this matter. 

Best, Colin.