Vitesse fan

Bernd

The seven bladed fan 311868 is no longer made and has been substituted by the alternative 8 blade type 308353 which Bastuck Germany has available for a very reasonable €36.10 with their part number M15TR6. This should be a straight swop even using the same rubber bushes and spacers...

Thanks for the Infos. The 308353 doesn't fit in my car. Because this one is greater (avout 4cm) than 311868.

In order to install the 308353 in my car, the engine and gearbox would have to be moved back by about 4 cm. this is only possible if the cardan shaft is shortened. That's too expensive, so I'm looking for a used 7 blade fan 311868, Regards Bernd 

6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

we removed the metal fan on  the 1600 and fitted an 8 blade   easy fit 

Pete

yes that really needs a change of the fan mounting spacer to the thinner one used on the mk2 Vitesse (it got the plastic 8 blade fan as standard) however I dare say theres enough room anyway...

Now, i have unterstand. The 8 blade fan can i take if i also take the  thinner mounting spacer of the mk2 vitesse and than i have enough Space between the 8 blade fan and the cooler 

Thank you all for your explanations. 

then i will have to get the thinner spacer and the center crankshaft Bolt.

Regards Bernd 

Edited by Bernd

Yes Bernd if necessary a mk2 Vitesse bolt and spacer will give more room for the fan. However if you already had 311868 type then 308353 should fit as well. The standard fan for a mk 1 Vitesse was this metal one and thats why it had a thicker space...

image.jpeg.afd08b898aeb7a6a30a73b4178f3fad9.jpeg

Edited by johny

Bernd has just hit exactly the same issue as I had on my GT6.  Looked to change fans on mine from the tired 7 blade (Mk3 GT6) one on there at the moment.  The 308353 arrived, with Paddocks having an inkling there had been a problem with the early cars but could not remember exactly what.  

The Bahstuck 308353 8 blade fan is 20mm deeper than the original and on  mine this reduced the clearance between the fan and the radiator core to 9-10mm and to the mounting frame around the core to 5-6mm.  I reckoned this to be too close for comfort, Paddocks glad to have my findings detailed in a letter.  The thinner (by how much?) spacer from the Mk2 Vitesse engine is probably the way to go if in doubt.

Dick

Hello Dick, that is exactly my 

problem.

Because I can't find a new/used fan 311868.

Johny told me for the first time for me, that I need the smaller fanspacer and the smaller Bolt into the crankshaft.

I have look for these  two parts in the Internet and at triumph suppliers but I can't find the smaller spacer and bolt too. 

If I would find used parts,I were be happy and  could drive again 

Maybe someone in the forum has these parts and will sell them to me and send them to Berlin. that would be great.

regards Bernd 

Hello everyone,

I have discovered through my many parts that the 7 bladed fan of a Triumph Spitfire Seven Blade Fan 1971-1974 (RKC2126) is the same as the Vitesse fan 311868 I just had to relocate the holes, see picture. Maybe it helps someone else with the same problem,

thank you all for your messages

20230626_121531.jpg

Hello johny,

Look with the partnumber rkc2126 These fans are several around, also in some spitfire in our spitfire Club here in Berlin.

I think that are produce some more different looking fans for the spitfire 71-74 around. 

Thats really right, these spitfire fans are only on the waterpump of spitfire. But the size of these Fans are the  same like the 311868 Fans of vitesse, only with smaller holes. Thats why I have make larger holes in the fan to fit ob vitesse crankshaft (see my photo). I just wanted to show my solution if anybody have no enough space between the radiator and crankshaft for the larger fan from the Mk2 vitesse Mike me. Thats all what I want, it was a great conversation with you, See you  

• Like 1