Vitesse 1500/6 Gearbox Tunnel

Hi!  There is a Herald Fibreglass Tunnel for Sale?  Would this fit a Vitesse 6?  I understand that a Viteese can be fitted on a Herald, but would the Herald fit on the Vitesse is it just the position of the Hole?

Edited by martyn wright

Gearbox lever sits further back (I think on the 6-cylinders?) so no problem if the hole is not yet cut but check the fit against the bulkhead, plus if it clears the starter which was on opposite sides between 4 and 6 cylinder. Earlier cars had a different profile around the tunnel gap on the driver's side which is why my Herald tunnel cover didn't fit - it was based on the later tunnel shape - but an early Spitfire one fitted perfectly, and I think both were from around the early days of the Vitesse 6. 

They certainly look very similar the universal Rimmers one and this eBay Herald one. You have to remember the Herald gearbox is externally the same as a six one (non OD) but its mounted further forward so the bell housing and starter motor are also correspondingly more forward so less likely to interfere with the cover...

11551-Zoom.jpg

s-l1600.jpg