Vitesse 1600/6 - Interior Facia Lamp Assy 611767

Hi!  As the Interior Facia Lamp Assembly has been discontinued, has anyone fitted a different type of Facia light as a replacement?  I was looking at the Mk2 Vitesse BHA5138 Interior Tunnel Lamp to fit over the hole under the dash??  Does anyone know the sizes: Width and Length

Avoid this, an eBay offering:

IMG_5839.thumb.jpeg.d2424d7257762eefa869947bd851d329.jpeg

Fits using the same three cables, seems ok, but went on fire the first time I used the manual slide switch. Almost melted holes in my new carpets. It looks the same as others which are MG interior courtesy lights but these are very very poor quality.

There are a number of aftermarket lights available, just find the type that suits:

https://www.holden.co.uk/c/electrical/lighting/interior_lamps

59 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Hi Colin!  This is the one from BB Classics?  Canley have them for 12.50?  It needs to cover the old type under the lip of the Dash!

Yep that's the one. I wired it as per the old one, although the location was moved - it lit when the doors opened but as soon as I slid the switch, it just burst into flames and melted. Very cheaply made, the plastic is very thin, and you can see where it melted around the metal slider.

IMG_5881.thumb.jpeg.200cf45dde8cf59f58aa1cc70d07a792.jpeg