Fitting new stainless exhaust

Pdv

Hi, 

Help needed please. 

Have started to fit a new exhaust  but I am struggling to know where to support it, I have attached it to the manifold and the nearside bootriger but it sags in the middle and I don't know how it is supported.

The service manual shows the fittings but none seem to relate to any  support in the middle, the just show the one strap and u brackets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Steve

Did you buy the exhaust from the club shop. The reason I ask I bought mine from the shop and all the fitting were in the kit so very simple to fit. Tell us more of the fittings from front to back. 

mine has a clamp on the bell housing then a rubber strap on the chassis at the back.

Andrew

If it's a one-piece then just slide a U-clamp over it to a suitable position, and attach that to any bolt you can see round the bottom of the bellhousing or gearbox (that is sturdy enough to support it!) The reason I stated one piece is that in some other models of Triumph there's a join and this is where the u-clamp must sit, but again, nothing to prevent a second clamp being fitted.

Mine is bolted to the gearbox using a twisted-metal strip that was an original fitting, but any good metal support which will link the exhaust and the mounting position will do, just cut and drill to your required length.

IMG_0486.thumb.jpeg.cea9e02c06981cba1efb39ff9bbd9f1b.jpeg

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

If it's a one-piece then just slide a U-clamp over it to a suitable position, and attach that to any bolt you can see round the bottom of the bellhousing or gearbox (that is sturdy enough to support it!) The reason I stated one piece is that in some other models of Triumph there's a join and this is where the u-clamp must sit, but again, nothing to prevent a second clamp being fitted.

Mine is bolted to the gearbox using a twisted-metal strip that was an original fitting, but any good metal support which will link the exhaust and the mounting position will do, just cut and drill to your required length.

IMG_0486.thumb.jpeg.cea9e02c06981cba1efb39ff9bbd9f1b.jpeg

I might be wrong but I think you have a tiny oil leak there, Colin :)

Hi All,

All sorted now thanks used a trusted piece of metal and rubber strap to secure the exhaust on the other bracket on the boot outtrigger, have not secured to the gearbox,  do I need to? 

Thanks for the reply, as always tssc forum coms up with the answers again.

Steve