Inertia reel seatbelt fitting (Herald convertible)

piran

Ok,

So I have a 13/60 convertible. I've fitted inertia reel seatbelts to the front with the reel on the top of the wheel arch. However, this appears to be interfering with the roof when I try to put the roof down. I could swap the mount points: put the reel at the bottom of the B pillar and the static point on the wheel arch.

Other than anyone getting into the back having to step over it are there any other issues that might come up with this?

Thanks

You may have to move the reel to the inside of the cabin itself; behind the front seats, either attached sideways to the edges of the floor by the sills, or else to the flat metal panel below the front of the rear seat; in both cases reinforced in behind by suitable metal. In my 13/60 a PO had attached them vertically to this underseat panel, reinforced with heavy metal panels in behind, and the belt itself is attached at the top of the B-post - not ideal, it was a temporary attachment and will be replaced with the earlier bracket that uses the existing holes to the inner face. Rear seat lap belts were also fitted, now removed.

IMG_2246.thumb.jpeg.37ac84345c080f22aaba08cde81859db.jpeg

2 hours ago, piran said:

Using the standard holes the seatbelt won't sit in a workable position:

As Puglet1 says, what are the units. Mine were a bit fiddly to set up initially but since then I've had no problems with their use nor with putting the hood up or down.

are you certain it is the reels that are causing a problem and not the hood frame, for example?

Edited by Chris A
grammar

I repositioned the Reels further back, reinforcing the wheelarch in same fashion as the original (blanked off).

image.thumb.jpeg.51d0e14482273a531a06be9e8b74a8dc.jpeg

This is how it looks, and does not foul the hood.

image.thumb.jpeg.f481afaec4adeb95ee7836c165f3e644.jpeg

"plum" has a similar layout as Fitted by Jeff, using the original mounting. But lack`s the B post bracket. Something I am Working on, to save having to fish for the belt every time.

Pete

Edited by PeteH

32 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I repositioned the Reels further back, reinforcing the wheelarch in same fashion as the original (blanked off).

image.thumb.jpeg.51d0e14482273a531a06be9e8b74a8dc.jpeg

This is how it looks, and does not foul the hood.

That's like mine, but it looks like it's rubbing the inside of the rear quarter windows and the hood won't go fully down - the hood is very stiff though which makes putting it down awkward i the first place.