TPTV Le Mans reel

Steve P

As an old fart, I watch the Footage detectives on TPTV.

Tonight they showed a reel showing a line up of Triumphs heading off on the ferry to the Le Mans race in what looks like the 70`s.Including footage from the race and a line up in a town.

Worth a look and plenty of Reg. no`s to check to see if they are still around. Watch it on catch up.

Steve

Oh.  My. Gods.

It took some time to register, then, the clip is between 33 and 35 mins in.    Searching for it, I had to endure several commercial breaks, each lasting about three mins and composed of identical ads.

For some nice amateur footage of the '66 race, but all that for 2 minutes?  I shan't be going back to TPTV again!

John

• Like 1

On 04/09/2023 at 17:34, JohnD said:

For some nice amateur footage of the '66 race, but all that for 2 minutes?  I shan't be going back to TPTV again!

John

By ignoring TPTV you are missing some really good programmes,  such as “look at life.”

It is also worth reading the history behind TPTV. It was run on a threadbare shoestring budget by a father and daughter originally. They acquired the rights to lots of old programmes that no-one else wanted, and set up a channel to shown them.

• Like 2