Vit convertible - advice please

trigolf

Afternoon all. 30 years ago I removed the millboard boot to hoodwell divider for a diff change. Fast forward to now and I finally got around to refitting it. Unfortunately, after a few house moves, I've lost it!

So I have made a new one.

Question - does the retaining strip fit to the outside of the panel,as per pic attached. Or does the strip fit on the inside of the panel?

🤔

20230912_125513.jpg

Right yes must be a convertible thing and looking at Rimmers product the top is lightly curved with a cut out to fit round the strengthener on the underside of the boot deck in your photo. This indicates the board is meant to be quite a exact fit in those four top holding brackets so I would suggest the method of installation is to slide it up into those and then push the base up against the bottom securing strip before fixing with screws. Therefore the strip should be on the inside of the board because there wont be enough room to lift the edge of the board up over it...

5 minutes ago, johny said:

Strange, are the holes in the metal bulkhead slotted then like the fixings for the dash under card?

Not in my car, the hole being round the button will hold no matter it's orientation.

The parts manual lists two different buttons to fit the upper dashmill board.

Regards

Paul.

22 hours ago, trigolf said:

Question - does the retaining strip fit to the outside of the panel,as per pic attached. Or does the strip fit on the inside of the panel?

The trim fits as shown, firstly as it's all that holds the panel in place at the bottom so if fitted on the other side the panel would just fall out; and secondly the two rear most screws into the diff cover plate wouldn't line up without distorting the panel.

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

The trim fits as shown, firstly as it's all that holds the panel in place at the bottom so if fitted on the other side the panel would just fall out; and secondly the two rear most screws into the diff cover plate wouldn't line up without distorting the panel.

But Colin the panel is fixed to that bottom angle bracket (either with screws or those clips) as each comes with two matching holes in them (see photo and Rimmers item)! If the angle goes on the outside of the panel the fixings have to be put in from the inside and that can only be done by fitting the angle to the board before installing it leaving you the awkward job of doing up the screws that attach the angle to the diff cover plate😲