Triumphs on Malta Ch5

Iain T

Vitesse, Spitfires and TR6 on Malta Jewel of the Med tonight at 8pm. You can watch on catch up. They were racing in an annual rally race. Aside from the racing I like Malta as a destination. Lovely people and lots to see. 

Iain 

Ahh! Yessssss! Malta, some good runs ashore there. Memories!. A Night out down the "gut", (What was it`s real name???) and working in a hot engine room with a sore head next day.

Pete

We bumped into Malta on a cruise and decided to go back for a shore holiday. They drive on the correct side of the road! Huge amount of history and the harbour and surrounding area straight out of the Knights Templar. 

Iain 

On 18/01/2024 at 21:18, Iain T said:

Strait Street red light district.

I was over in Malta in 1978 and one of the RAF lads got very drunk in the Traffic Lights Bar just near the top of Strait Street. He decided it would be a good idea to do a streak down the full length of the Gut. We didn't see him again for two days.

• Haha 1

In Muscat Oman around 20 years ago when the British Forces arrived to sell the Omani some wizz bangs and airplanes. At the hotel nightclub talking to a very drunk marine and his slightly less drunk friends who's conversation consisted of I hate the Navy when the MPs stroll in. The pissed marines man mountain friends linked arms with him and held him up and said keep talking to us. The MPs gave us a knowing look and walked on. It gave me a new meaning the comrades in arms! The RN officers staying in our hotel were very polite but could they drink. 

A great few alcoholic days🍻

Iain 

Edited by Iain T