New member and New Owner

Deciding that if I didn’t soon bite the bullet I’d never know the sensation of driving while the wind blows through (what’s left of) my hair, I joined TSSC over Christmas and by January 6th had collected this little beauty.

38k miles, original apart from respray, loads of documentation and interesting history including an owner who spent 10 years in New Zealand and couldn’t bear to be parted from her so took her with him and brought her back to UK again. 

Met Norfolk members on 7th January at the run to Old Buckenham Airfield, the first of what I hope will be loads of events over the next as many years as I keep troshin as we say in these parts.

Still waiting for that first top down experience but the weather is now getting warmer so it won’t be long before my comb over will be trailing behind….

IMG_9229.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

IMG_9222.jpeg

• Like 5

Welcome to the club and the forum Peter. What a beautiful car! I have the same car, same color but it is a Saloon with red interior (sadly dismatled at the moment). It was my daily driver for many years, bought it when I was 17 and still have it in my possession. Really fun cars to drive! You will find this forum very helpful and friendly.

It sounds like you have a good sense of humour! You'll need it, both on the Forum and in the car...

As an explanation of the latter, my car has the main headlamp switch next to the windscreen wiper switch, on a largely unlit dashboard. This makes turning the wipers off on a dark, wet night into a game of Russian roulette. You'd think I'd know which was which after 30 years of ownership. Wrong.

Oh, how we laugh when the road ahead is plunged into darkness...

I see your car has the later, more sensible, dashboard layout. :)

Edited by Patrick Taylor

50 minutes ago, Roger said:

Welcome to the club and the forum Peter. What a beautiful car! I have the same car, same color but it is a Saloon with red interior (sadly dismatled at the moment). It was my daily driver for many years, bought it when I was 17 and still have it in my possession. Really fun cars to drive! You will find this forum very helpful and friendly.

Thanks Roger 

Everyone in the club I’ve met (including those on the Norfolk run) have been very welcoming. And there’s clearly a lot of expertise about.

Hope you get yours back on the road soon.

13 minutes ago, Patrick Taylor said:

It sounds like you have a good sense of humour! You'll need it, both on the Forum and in the car...

As an explanation of the latter, my car has the main headlamp switch next to the windscreen wiper switch, on a largely unlit dashboard. This makes turning the wipers off on a dark, wet night into a game of Russian roulette. You'd think I'd know which was which after 30 years of ownership. Wrong.

Oh, how we laugh when the road ahead is plunged into darkness...

I see your car has the later, more sensible, dashboard layout. :)

Yup, sense of humour mode activates on every drive. 
Even with the later dashboard you’ve got to be careful not to switch to sidelights instead of main beam. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make it so easy to turn the dark on?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

i was always going to blank off the stalk movement to sides only 

but sold her before that materialised .

the new owner complained the indicators didnt work , well he was using the lamp stalk (you cant help some guys) 

Pete

And what did he think the other stalk was for? 😂