Any History of Vitesse EVG603H

Larfin Frog

Hi I have had this car for about 18 months and thought its about time I found out about any previous History. DVLA shows as first registered 1978 and I have a photo with reg no DGF293S. There's no MOT history.  Chassis no and engine no all consistent with a _'69 convertible. I have a file of photos of the restoration of the car but little else. Would love to know more 

Many thanks 

Jerry

20 hours ago, Steve P said:

How could it be 1978 first registered on an S plate 10 years after coming off the line??

S

Lots of reasons , maybe been abroad. That's what I'd Like to find out. Found the Online MOT history, goes back to 2009.  Presumably DVLA were satisfied with provenance to issue the age related plate.

On 18/02/2024 at 12:12, Steve P said:

How could it be 1978 first registered on an S plate 10 years after coming off the line??

S

Back in the late 70’s, a car got a current plate when first registered, regardless of its year of manufacture.

There are thousands of RHD cars that were bought here by British Military personnel based in Germany, and driven from new on BFG “B” plates before being brought back to the UK at the end of a posting and getting a current plate.

My parents were responsible for bringing back several 1970 Morris Travellers (ex Military) and putting them on S plates.

a Lot like that around Aldershot in the 80`s. Re- Registered, some already 5 or more years old, having come back from BAOR Germany.

They stopped doing it at the height of the IRA terror. To make it less easy to identify Militrary personel. Every time I went on a Camp. I got the full 3rd degree and a search, Got so the Guardhouse knew better than me what was in the boot!!.

Pete