Colour matched paint

AlanT

Hi All, 

can I ask a cheeky question since you all helped me so much with my Spit.resto.

I’ve just welded in new metal to a Morris I’m fixing but the car doesn’t match the official colour. You can see the new paint vs old in attached. Does anyone know a place that will create colour matched aerosols? Have asked on the Morris forum but no responses as yet. 
Thanks 

Alan

D3F2060F-5FB3-4610-9589-FD8EF6F02F41.jpeg

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

Halfords, Used to do it? Most Vehicle paint supliers now, have spectrgraphic matching facilites, helps compensate for fade.you need a small part and they match.

Pete

Ah, ok. Thanks @PeteH I’ll ring around. The ones I looked at seemed to go off code and registration only

I used a company called "Car Paint Warehouse" to get some touch up for my random red Sixfire. Drove down there, they scanned it, pulled out a set of swatches and then compared them directly to the car. It was down to a choice of 3 by that stage. Next day, the paint was ready for me to collect and it is perfect.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

so do the indicators still work ok ???

Pete

Perfectly, as does the horn, but there's a tendency to park across two spaces in the car park.

I know it's in cahoots with the BMW at present, they mutter about me in the garage at night.