Vitesse mk2 standard front anti roll (11/16"?)

Gilbern3

4 hours ago, johny said:

I meant on the original production line John. Its the same price to make the ARB with a twist as straight so works out cheaper than making an additional spacer to acheive whatever it was Triumph were thinking... 

OK, Johnny, point made!

John

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Allegedly there's a Service Bulletin about them but I've never seen it.

i have most from 64 to 67 ,  i dont have a copy . plenty on rear spring issues ,oiling trunions and temp senders 

mick 

6 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Allegedly there's a Service Bulletin about them but I've never seen it.

I wonder if the club archives have it? there pretty extensive, how do you go about a search?

The twist in my Vitesse ARB was the wrong way so it pulled the drivers side down! 

Yes I was suggesting that the weight of a full tank of fuel on the diagonally opposite corner (RHD Herald/Vitesse without driver) pulls the drivers corner high but its only a wild idea....  

It's been debated many many times all over the World - wherever Triumphs ended up and now have an online forum - but Bill Davies claimed in 2012 that there was a 1959 bulletin on the subject, which he had read:

Screenshot2024-05-19at10_20_18.thumb.png.f629b9f3d9db82c84800ad6ee9c66f85.png

He additionally wrote on the Club Triumph website:

Screenshot2024-05-19at10_19_50.thumb.png.0e786d01201e22d6105779c146892625.png

Bill being very much a Herald guru and having the Rarebits4classics setup would be expected to know, or have an educated guess at the very least, but even here it's still unconfirmed until the actual bulletin is located. 

Its cos of the fuel tank I tell you😂I can just imagine it prior to the launch press photo shoot Mr Black? seeing the Herald leaning over and ordering it to be fixed immediately but without spending any money!

Edited by johny
historical error

4 hours ago, johny said:

Its cos of the fuel tank I tell you😂I can just imagine it prior to the launch press photo shoot Mr Black? seeing the Herald leaning over and ordering it to be fixed immediately but without spending any money!

Never yet saw a car in a showroom with a full tank.... and certainly not these days!