Insurance.......Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Mike

It is possible to describe them in a different way!

For example is it a "4-branch performance exhaust manifold" or a "stainless steel tubular manifold"??

Avoid any term that points to racing or fast usage. A stainless manifold is for longevity, not an engine upgrade; better brakes are for safety, not for stopping more quickly from higher speed. Any hint of driving faster than a sedate classic speed and they’ll load your premium.

Taffius

Contact TSSC HQ and get them to agree the value of your car too.  Without Club input you only have a contract between you and the insurance broker, with the Club behind you you have a strong third party that will fight your corner if there is a need.

Regards

Mike

• Like 2

Taffius

Contact TSSC HQ and get them to agree the value of your car too.  Without Club input you only have a contract between you and the insurance broker, with the Club behind you you have a strong third party that will fight your corner if there is a need.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

I assume I have to go through the TSSC form process and pay the £12. Just checking that this is a different route to the agreed valuation of £15 through Lancaster Insurance?

Thanks

Mike,

I assume I have to go through the TSSC form process and pay the £12. Just checking that this is a different route to the agreed valuation of £15 through Lancaster Insurance?

Thanks

You can either use the TSSC Agreed Valuation service or the insurance companies do their own, your choice on how you do it. The TSSC one is accepted by all those on the panel of insurers and I would say that the TSSC option is better as it's portable between insurers and they are more likely to get the value correct.

You can download the form here: http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/uploaded_files/TSSC%20Panel%20Valuation%20Form.pdf

Darren,

I have already paid for Lancaster Insurance agreed valuation but going for TSSC as well as see where we come out.

I don't know now though whose would be acceptable, Lancaster (as their own) or TSSC in the event of a claim.

I will await Lancaster's and then go for TSSC post receiving Lancaster's back.

Thanks

Yes that's right. I did things all in reverse.

I narrowed my choice of cars down to four when looking so didn't join TSSC until purchasing the Spitfire. Bought car, got insurance (plus agreed valuation and breakdown cover) then joined TSSC and found they had a valuation process.

I will await the valuation from Lancaster and then decide if I need one via TSSC process.

Cheers