How do i find out the last registered mk1 vitesse conv

1904vitesse

Found the Commission plate today, The car was originally in paint code 17 which upon checking is Damson. Now do i change the

colour back to original as Damson on the vitesse was only on 1968 cars and is apparently rare and then i will need to find out its

original interior colour. What do you think ???   

According to the Mike Costigan book on Herald/Vitesse Originality, Damson coloured cars where available with Black or Tan Interior Trim colours?

The Commission plate will also give you a two digit code for Trim, 11 is Black, but not sure on Tan, 13 maybe?

With regards to the colour, its up to you, its your car so if you don't like Damson paint it a colour you do like.

So I take it you haven't got the Last 2 Litre Mk1 Vitesse then?

It is quite a late Mk1 Vitesse then.

Damson was a reasonably popular colour for the later Vitesse's and 13/60's, normally the interior trim colour was black, although I have seen some a couple of Vitesse's with Tan coloured interiors. 

Is the Vitesse on the road or is it going to be a full restoration?!!  

I doubt it is the last one registered, on the basis that once the mk2 came out, who would buy a mk1?? (no offence, but think of it as a focus etc, everybody wants the new version when it come out...)

I think some cars hung about for years before being sold (nothing specific to vitesse, I think spitfire in the case I read)

And don't get hung up about the cars history, the important bit is to use it and enjoy using it. A lot.

Dont intend to get hung up on its history but it would just be nice to know if the information is available.

Once the car comes back from a full restoration hopefully at the end of feb i will try to get to a few shows. I have found out the interior was black-trim code 11.

Going to try to get to the nec on the friday and hopefully see a couple of nice vitesses .

Do people put pics up of how their restorations are going and if so on what part of the forum ? 

You can post attachments on here or in the Gallery.

Make sure the photo's aren't too big though?

Photos are best posted in the Gallery, and then linked into your postings on the forum.

There is no real size limit on the photos posted in the gallery, and you can post as many as you want.

Photos posted directly to the forum have an individual size limit of 500Kb, and you are limited to no more than 500Kb of photos total, so just one 500Kb photo will put you at your limit.

Linking photos from the gallery is explained in these threads - http://forum.tssc.org.uk/index.php?/topic/47-picture-display/ and http://forum.tssc.org.uk/index.php?/topic/11-picture-size/

Not racing, trackday. No racing allowed.....

Organised through CT who have run trackdays there for a few years, but CSMA has taken it over this year.

Hopefully will get my Toledo sorted for the day, it is now fitted with a 1850 engine so hopefully quicker than the old 1500 "fast road" engine (that 1500 was nothing but trouble)

Hopefully my spitfire will be around early next year for track/autosolo type duty. That will be quicker (160bhp, CV rear end with rear disks, rather heavily modified)

There are plenty of driving things available for Triumph types.....IMO they are more fun and involving than static shows (but I fully understand many people enjoy shows, heck, I go to a few)

Nope.all the ct ones have beebeen superb, people very respectful of each other, overtaking by "invitation" with the exception of one stag driver, who was a bit overzealous, but never got too close to anybody else.

I think normal trackdays can be iffy, but I think club organised ones are excellent. Good way to enjoy the cars.