GT6 Cabin Cooling

AidanT

So.....

accepting JohnD's evidence, is it likely that those people who have installed a larger radiator (eg the VW Golf conversion) will experience a cooler cabin owing to more efficient cooling?

Or am I going off down an irrelevant/unrelated tangent?

Or a hotter cabin if the more efficient radiator results in a cooler engine - the more heat the radiator removes from the water, then the more heat that the radiator transfers into the airflow under the car so hotter air flows under the car to heat the floor and tunnel.

Hi Pete

No plans to drill holes through my side windows  :wub:   Fine for the race track etc, but a bit odd on a road only car ! but Johns knowledge is still very useful.

The intent is to make something that is easily detachable to get back to the standard car if necessary. The heat issue has improved with the bulk head sealing but I still think driving next summer may be improved with an increased air flow around the feet and through the cabin, especially with the windows open Never been one for Sandals or bare feet driving!!

Purchased some moldable plastic to make a test scoop, the card one was too flexible and flew off at 20 mph!

Aidan

were the awake  !!

there is already pressure in front of the screen but there is also pressure under the bonnet,, the seal between the two zones is 

awful and pretty crap design , you will get more air out the heater  if you make a nice sealing ring of foam to close the stupid gap

between the two parts so everything that goes down the bonnet grill actually goes through to the heater intake and any hot  engine bay air escaping from around the hopeless baulkhead seal ...dosnt.

sorry the card one didnt work....not enough gaffer tape used    !!!!   Ha !

Pete