A lost love. PWG 333M

Greetings and hello to you all.

The first thing I have to do is confess that I do not currently own a Triumph .... Although I once did.

In the early 1980s I was the young and very proud owner of a beautiful French Blue MK3 GT6. I still have very fond memories of the car and it's wonderful smooth engine. Nothing better than sitting next to a rocking MGB at the traffic lights.

On a recent visit to the DVLA website I was pleased to discover that my old car is still registered,taxed and has an MOT. I would be fascinated to get in touch with the current owner.

As a long time owner of classic from the same era I am convinced that the current owner must be a member of a classic club and TSSG seems the logical place to start my search.

I am in the process of trying to locate photographs of the car and whatever other history I may have.

PWG 333M

If that is your car or if anyone here can facilitate a contact with the owner, I would love to hear from you.

Paul.

I believe the Club used to have a GT6 registrar who should have had a list of cars belonging to club members. It might be worth a phone call to Angie or Garth to find out if this is the case. If there is no list it would be a good thing to start on, I believe; something that many one make clubs offer.

The problem with the GT6 Register of days gone by was that it was a lot of work to keep up to date, with members buying or selling cars, members enquiring about cars, dozens of forms landing through the post and every owner wanting to know the entire history of the Triumph they had just bought... and it just wasn't feasible in the days of data protection to have an unpaid and unregulated member of the public holding other members details in a private computer system with no regulation or security of data. Modern times, but that's the way it is. Nice in theory to have a record of everyone's car, but difficult to work in practice. It raised a lot of expectations among new members who seemed to think that we had every detail of their car from day one, along the lines of the Lotus Owners Club where factory records are readily available and can be used as reference. 

Best plan of attack is, as here, to advertise and see who knows the car.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Not that it really helps, but this image popped up in a Google search: 

PWG 333M

The car has the TSSC 17 Tax Disc on the windscreen so is a current or at least very recent member.

This was at a show at Kirkley & Pakefield Football Club, no idea when but might give an indication it's in East Anglia. Could be worth checking with the local areas, you can get their details from here: http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/areas_google.asp or as already suggested, Andy Cook may know of the car. 

Good luck.

Darren

Have a look at the original on Flickr, picture taken by Nivek.Old.Gold additional data says 16 previous owners. Where did that info come from? several people have "faved" the picture,  could one of them be the owner? There is someone siting behind the car, white hair, Hawaiian shirt, could be the owner or wife? There's a second empty seat. What is the red decal on the windscreen? 

Also vandalisation of the roof with inappropriate sun roof! :(

Clouseau

The photo Darren has supplied and the link Colin has provided are good cross references and certainly places the vehicle generally in the East Anglia (photo) and Suffolk area (advert info).

If you interrogate the sale page further you get this email address which I assume belongs to the seller at the time: vtf.va2@gmail.com 

It may be worth sending a speculative email to the address and see what unfolds.

Looking at the Visit Seller Anon link on the advert page it appears that the person is a trader looking at his / her current vehicles for sale.

Good luck.

Richard.

Given that I posted the original question back in January and that the first positive response was in the summer to Club Triumph ( I only picked it up a few days before Christmas ) I am astonished at the positive responses to last nights update .... thank you gentlemen.

I now have a renewed enthusiasm for finding the old gal :)