Password problems

Apparently obsessed with security - and with the Club's message boards history, why not? - we must use a password to get in, and as it's 15 random charactersit's impossible to remember.

Fortunately, I keep it on file and just copy it in, just like when I visit Geneva and and my 'private bankers'.  As if.

But why do I have to do that every single time I come to this board?

Not required on any other board I visit, in or out of Triumph.    I tell the login page "Remember me" and does it?  Does it heck!

John

If you select to remember the login, the password is registered in a cookie. If you are not being remembered then the problem is at your end and is likely to be one of the settings that clear down cookies when you leave a website.

Also, the password can be fairly simple if you want, although complex ones are more secure against hacking.

Mine logs me in automatically every time, but that's because my browser takes me straight to the forum, not the club homepage. Even if I periodically go for a clear our of browser and cache, it still seems to remember me, but the club homepage is different and requires a log-in nearly every time.

Well that's interesting.

Prompted by kevin's comment I lloked for, and could not find, my "Norton Identity Safe", which stores my passwords etc securely and provides them as required, without me having to remember.

It wasn't there.

Nor was Norton!   I know that I got an email from Norton, saying that my subscription had been renewed, and sure enough it arrived on the 15th inst.

But it wasn't renewed!   My Norton deleted itself, and I HAVE BEEN SURFING UNPROTECTED FOPR THE PAST TWO WEEKS!

Gosh, that must be why all those Russian ladies have been writing to me.

But again, the way that the Identity Safe fills in my name, address etc as well as passwords, AND the passwords on other sites, such as BT Mail, has gone on working fine.

I've just logged in again here, entering my TSSC password by copying.

I'll go now and cocme bak and see what happens - when Identity Safe IS working.

John

And I come straight back in, no probs.  Thnak you Kevin!

Now to battle with Norton, who are a LOT more difficult to contact.

Not so difficult.    "Chat" with Norton Agnet and my subscription gets another 30 days on it! Result!  JOhn

• Like 1