VITESSE Mk2 - REAR DIFF BUSHES

Hello.

I've removed the rear diff from the Vitesse, for a couple of mods and checkover.

Whilst out, I will be replacing the bushes: upper, lower and side casing. In addition I will also be doing the radius arms.

My intention is to Polybush the above bush locations with the medium / standard spec items, not the bone crunching hard ones - red I believe ??

Have contacted the club shop and it sells the black plastic type, but I'm not sure what make they are, as Polybush as far as I am aware only do red & blue.

Canley list blue and red and I presume that these are actual Polybush units ??

Looking at the Polybush website it appears that they ONLY do red for my rear diff requirements.

http://www.polybush.co.uk/shop/triumph/vitesse-mk2?attr=2%7C1971

In addition do I need Poly units for the side casing or will the standard rubber bushes be sufficient ??

More phone calls on Monday but over the weekend, I will be very grateful for any advice on the above and also the best outlet to obtain these.....................currently this being Canley's.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Pete, that's useful and makes sense.

Regards.

Richard.

-----------------------

Folks,

Following on from that then, are owners using this type or going for Polybush units ??

Regards.

Richard.

I got new shockers from the club shop, oddly the front came with rubber bushes, the rear, blue poly. The poly were a struggle to get in, I had to take the vice off the bench and drag it round the back of the car to squeeze them in. And the other thing they don't tell you is they squeak! It stopped after 100 or so miles, but most irritating!

If the original bushes feel OK I would happily reuse. Of all the cars I have owned (and I did take quite a few apart many years ago) I have never seen the front bushes in poor condition. The rear casing ones a few were past their best. 

However, I certainly would not fit new rubber ones on the basis I would expect them to have a very short lifespan. 

My current car has red polybush (or whatever brand it was!) and don't seem harsh in the diff area, but I appreciate my car has handling as a priority and in all honesty I doubt blue would be detrimental. The shape/size means there is little opportunity for movement.

Oh flip, wittering on again........

I have red polybush on my radius arms but blue in the rear diff case. Fitted of course whilst off the car.

Re Dougbgt6 - I recently did a series of back pain classes with four Pilates classes thrown in and by the end my main aim was to get my knees to creak in time with the music....

Hello Pete.

My intention is go with blue, I was just interested why Colin went for a mixture of blue and red ??

Does the red respond better to the demands of the radius arm ??

Regards.

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

Any particular reason for red and blue variance ??

Richard.

I wanted red for the radius arms so no squidging about as the car drove, but they're really solid and need a press to fit. I use harder ones for wishbones etc to give a more direct drive experience, even by the smallest amount.

I also wanted a mixture of longevity and dampening of any vibrations from the diff, hence the softer blue ones.