Hello my name is Terry and i love Triumph Heralds (preferably convertible) ???

My good wife asked me.....

"What do you really want for your upcoming 50th Birthday darling....?

After a little thought......

"A 1960's British classic convertible car" was my answer!

And what better than a Triumph Herald for me i thought.

Ive never owned a classic car before... we went to many shows this year and ive just started to look into buying one (in time for my 50th early next year) any help or advice here would be very much appreciated

Many thanks

Welcome Terry - you will find the forum very interesting and informative some people call it a madhouse !! - I was in a similar position a couple of years ago and the best advice I can offer based on personal experience is to drive the car of your choice - I hired a 1360 convertible for a day - it was the best £140 I ever spent as my wife and I were both smiling at the end of the day though we decided we needed a saloon + more power so settled on a Vitesse -

Where do you live ? Im sure you will find a member willing to assist 

Best regards

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Welcome Terry - you will find the forum very interesting and informative some people call it a madhouse !! - I was in a similar position a couple of years ago and the best advice I can offer based on personal experience is to drive the car of your choice - I hired a 1360 convertible for a day - it was the best £140 I ever spent as my wife and I were both smiling at the end of the day though we decided we needed a saloon + more power so settled on a Vitesse -

Where do you live ? Im sure you will find a member willing to assist 

Best regards

Paul 

How nice... thankyou very much for that Paul

Yes.... we have done the same thing... not only last week me and the wife had the pleasure to hire a Herald convertible whilst on holiday in Scotland... it was the highlight of my hoilday!

Soon as my wife sat in the car.... she said "we have to get one of these"

It was a perfect day.... with blue skies too!

But i did have to pay £150 for the pleasure haha!

Thanks again and i cant wait to own my own herald now

4 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes where are you?  find a local meet and meet the cars and the members 

I have a lot of support and 25-35  regulars is quite normal,  we have had one member just sell his 13/60 CV 

so local meets are a good source of cars for sale as well

Hi Pete

Yes sorry im in the south east of England in good old Essex here and yes the local meets do sound good.

Ive learnt a bit about these lovely cars from other people on Triumph FB groups... looked at my first one to buy yesterday.... but there was too much work need to get her through a mot for me

Which was a shame

sometimes the help departs to some very odd places , but this is the place to get help from the dark ravages of experience and friendly banter

you dont need to have a car to join the club    do it  with a DD and save £5

nice magazine every month ,  and no i dont get commision

Pete

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

sometimes the help departs to some very odd places , but this is the place to get help from the dark ravages of experience and friendly banter

you dont need to have a car to join the club    do it  with a DD and save £5

nice magazine every month ,  and no i dont get commision

Pete

Yes i be up for that my good man

Always up for a bit of dark banter and friendly ravages haha....

How much is it all in?

7 hours ago, Gully said:

Welcome! Sounds as if you're doing  everything right in your search for your ideal Vitesse - good luck ?

Gully

Thankyou Gully

Yes i hope so.... after looking into these lovely cars and taking peoples advice... i feel its best to use these forums 

All i need to do now is look into being a club member?

Im after a Herald btw

Kind regards Terry

Simpluze,

top of page click tssc website tab

Scroll down to click membership in the left column,  all the costs are there

And when you do get a car having club backed valuation is pretty important ,if ever should a claim need back up

So get  to your local meet have a natter see if its what you want and join up if you lkie it.

Pete

• Thanks 1

yes just turn up  dont need to have a car or be a member... but .you may have to buy the drinks till you join  Ha !

I have never been to an essex meet so cant advise but were all in this for the loves and hates  of classic motoring.

http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/index.asp   this is same link as top of the page tabs

this is the link down the lh side menu from the web home page to join up  

http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/membership.asp

youve seen the area directory it down the same lh menu  choices

cant make it any easier    Pete

6 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes just turn up  dont need to have a car or be a member... but .you may have to buy the drinks till you join  Ha !

I have never been to an essex meet so cant advise but were all in this for the loves and hates  of classic motoring.

http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/index.asp   this is same link as top of the page tabs

this is the link down the lh side menu from the web home page to join up  

http://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/membership.asp

youve seen the area directory it down the same lh menu  choices

cant make it any easier    Pete

Thankyou very much again here Pete

I will look into becoming a member and to make more posts to the forum here once i get my head around the options and i would glady buy you a drink for all your help here!

Cheers my good man

49 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Go out and buy one, and accept that you're already beyond help. The bug is sadly terminal...

Please feel free to bounce any prospective purchases off us on the forum, or show off whichever one you do buy.

Haha... that is soooo true!

I looked at a lot of classic cars before being drawn to the Triumphs.... then it was Vitesse or Herald and for me its the 13/60 Herald... hopefully one that was made in 1968 the same year i was born haha.....