SAH Filler Cap Needed

Roy

Hello Roy.

I have not seen one of these before, so my apologies for asking " is there any possible type of repair, which may give a clue in assisting you ??"

Regards.

Richard.

Roy, don't know if you know but that rocker cover is worth a LOT of money.  6 cylinder rocker covers generally available are generic for all Triumph models, except the GT6 mk3. The Mk3 bonnet is SO close to cover that the standard alloy cover can dent the bonnet. The last one, with sloping ends, like yours I saw on Ebay went for £400.

Original ones are going to be rare as hen's dentures but if you want something similar, I bought two aftermarket versions for my 1200 rocker; one of them was fitted back in 2008 and has sadly suffered from poor storage in a damp garage ever since. (you want to see the state of the car that it was on, due to same damp) I just searched for chrome lozenge filler cap and got this type. Some rummaging will find my spare cap and I'll fit it once everything is cleaned up again. Regular polishing would have kept it pristine so it's not the quality of the item that was the problem, just the storage.

Holden Vintage and Classic have a range of aftermarket caps, it just depends on whether or not you see any you like. https://www.holden.co.uk

Motorsport websites have a good range of similar, I like the Monza style which is very nice.

DSCF5020.JPG.ff9b747f3b6b63869586a075ff249c22.JPGDSCF5021.JPG.bf0bfb4db314651ab6012fc88dd49f16.JPG

Here's the cap with seal missing.

Ben, many thanks for the Presto 75 link. I'd originally thought the seal assy was riveted to the boss but on closer examination it is threaded. So I'll order one of the refurbishment kits which should do the job. 

Doug, No I hadn't appreciated they were worth that much. I'd bought this in 2009 for my 2.5L Mk3 Spitfire resto using a Mk2 GT6 bonnet. And it doesn't fit as too tall. 

Thanks for all the comments.

Roy

SAH04.JPG

The last one on e bay went for over £500,i was watching it.

There`s a PI engine on the bay at the moment with an SAH cover that looks like its been stored in the sea,that,s already at silly money as i suspect people are bidding for the cover rather than the engine.

Steve