A Question of Balance - Wheels

Hello.

Can never decide completely if it is worth getting all four wheels balanced or just the front two with a classic. Ironically I always get my modern balanced all round.

I accept that if you swap the wheels around, balancing will be an issue - but in reality, how many owners swap their tyres around these days on classics ??

With 4x brand new alloys about to have tyres, it is a pending question.

Your views please ??

Thanks.

Richard.

PS: I now have the 4th centre cap !!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00001.JPG

The main reason I was told they don't use stick on ones is that wheels come to them with loads of dirt and grease My tyre guy even split the stick on weights to hide them behind the wheel spokes but hes a great guy and owns his own business Don't think you will have  a problem here in either respect!

Aidan 

9 hours ago, AidanT said:

The main reason I was told they don't use stick on ones is that wheels come to them with loads of dirt and grease My tyre guy even split the stick on weights to hide them behind the wheel spokes but hes a great guy and owns his own business Don't think you will have  a problem here in either respect!

Aidan 

My tyre guy did that too on my son's car. I love it when a garage is even fussier than I am. Restores your faith a bit. 

19 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Balancing is a small  peanuts cost compared to the tyres so why not and 

those would have stick on's on the inner rim to correct radial and dynamic balance

Pete

nothing to add to this..... Pete is bang-on

...... andy