Vitesse convertible seat belts

Gengis

Hi I'm fitting 3 point inertia belts in the front and was wondering where the best place is to mount the inertia part of the belt. Also plan to have 3 point seat belts put in the back by a company called quick fit safety belts. Has anyone got any pictures of there work, I don't want to mount it in the way of the frame work they fit. Thanks 

Without a substantial frame there is no way to safely fit 3 points in the rear of a convertible 

And mounting the reel for fronts is in need of a modification to off set the assy if its mounted on the rear wheel arch

You cant use The base of the B post as like a saloon as the hood partion is in the way

Its not easy 

Pete

I've fitted inertia belts to the front of my 13/60 convertible, a little tricky but they do work.

I can't remember the model number but there were Securion (I think)  the reel is designed to work in any position, there is a sort of 'dial' to set so the system knows which way is up, fitting on the wheel arch wasn't a problem. The fitting kit came with a variety of brackets and bolts to cover most options.

I have had no problems with them fouling the hood down.

ones ive seen need a plate to offset the reel from fouling , thats if you use the orig sat belt anchor plate

if you drill a new one then it has to be able to take the crash stress with suitable reinforcing 

for rear belts there is no easy solution if you expect to be safe , it needs some additional design work .

Pete