Electronic Flasher Unit

I am looking for an electronic flasher unit that make warning clonk noise when in use. Most have a small relay that is inaudible. I don't want to fit an additional bleeper.

Is the Lucas SFB190 any good?

Please no comments about a Robot in a plastic mack!

Dave     

• Haha 1

Dave 

I know this isn't helpful but I have been looking for one for ages and have failed  I added a buzzer but tbh it's not a great solution 

Will be following this thread :)

Aidan 

Me too, although unlike Dave I was debating fitting a bleeper. I added LED bulbs to my GT6 warning lights so at least can see the green one flashing now. 

This one looks to be a modern version with an electronic click:

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/12v-electronic-indicator-flasher-relay-for-classic-cars-with-oe-clicking-sound

• Thanks 1

Yes, me too, I added a very small device that makes the sound that you'd expect to hear for indicators to accompany my silent flasher unit  (I wouldn't describe it as a buzzer though).

Tom

Maybe this one?  The wiring looks to be correct for the GT6 mk1 

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/indicator-relays-electronic/products/12v-electronic-indicator-flasher-relay-classic-car-with-oe-click-x-l-p-2-3-pin.  

For some reason you can't select the neg earth version  I have emailed them

Aidan 

• Thanks 1

Hello All

I have one of these fitted and is great as it can be left on when waiting at the lights etc and the buzzer does not drive you mad!

I have mine set to start buzzing after 15 to 20 seconds

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-INDICATOR-WARNING-BUZZER-ADJUSTABLE-DELAY-WITH-BRAKE-MOD/251337237605?hash=item3a84dde465:g:LFUAAOxyuUZSL5t-

I have one of the ones without the brake mod If anybody wants it?(just a donation to your favorite charity)

Roger

• Like 1

My VW Amarok makes the old fashioned indicator sound when they are being used and I thought wow its old school.

Till I went into reverse with the indicators on and the parking sensor kicked in which cancelled the sound of the indicator which means the indicator sound is a computer generated noise.

Clever buggers those Argentinians.

Adrian

So the unit arrived this morning very quick delivery

Fits perfectly although you do have to find a place for the earth lead. I loosened my plug socket which is on the back of the bulkhead and attached it to the socket bolt and tightened it up. 

The result:

20180504_163542.mp4

Aidan 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1