Sagging rear end causes

Yes, the rubber spring eye bushes act as an additional spring.... The inner metal sleeve does not move, neither does the outer sleeve. The motion is taken up by twisting in the rubber structure. If the bolts are tightened while the wheels are hanging in the air, the rubber will be under tension when the car is lowered to the ground. In addition, this is likely to cause rapid failure of the bushes. 

Saying that, I managed to shred the bushes in a brand new spring in a single weekend, and the bushes were tightened with the wheels on the ground. I was not impressed.

Hi all,

The through bolt is there, as per the diagram above.  I think it just caught the light on my photo making it nearly invisible.

Here it is in situ..

As for torquing up the spring eye and other bolts on the ground, I had a quick try yesterday and I found it to be very difficult to get my torque wrench (and my arms) in the right place with the car on the ground.  Anybody have any tips?

I was considering jacking the car slightly, attaching the torque wrench and spanner with something to hold them on, then lowering the car and tightening everything.  Though this would mean the suspension wouldn't be 'settled' when I was tightening. 

20190328_172141.jpg