Anyone recommend a decent mechanic in Herts?

Hello All,

Finally bit the bullet and bought myself something to tinker with in my retirement. Now the proud owner of a 1968 Vitesse 2-Litre Mk1 convertible, but as I haven't retired yet I have no time to tinker! Could anyone recommend a garage/mechanic I could use to give my girl a once over and fix anything that needs doing so I can enjoy her a bit prior to retiring................

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Can't name anyone, but find a small garage that does MoTs, and ask them to put it through.    That will pick up any immediate safety problems.

The fee isn't large, and if you're not happy with them its not a big loss.   Also, find your local area group, make contact and ask.them!

But meanwhile, if you haven't, get a workshop.manual!  The Haynes is good, IMHO !

Good luck,

John

Hi...I live in Herts and there are two garages I am aware of and one that I have used:

JY Classics - Near Amersham...John is great and did some work for me on my Spitfire to get her roadworthy and also passed her MOT.

Moordale Autos - Near Potters Bar...haven't used them but may  try them in the future for some fettling work...

Nautam

!  A bedforshire border post.....Now there's  an idea

Doug knows we went to was it guildford to help and then when finished found he wasnt a member 

I nearly cut his plug leads off,

I reckon membership aids the comradeship  well a little ,

Support = Support

And   sometimes a a few beers tokens   ha !

Pete

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Can't name anyone, but find a small garage that does MoTs, and ask them to put it through.    That will pick up any immediate safety problems.

The fee isn't large, and if you're not happy with them its not a big loss.   Also, find your local area group, make contact and ask.them!

But meanwhile, if you haven't, get a workshop.manual!  The Haynes is good, IMHO !

Good luck,

John

If you do decide to go down the MOT check route, I can suggest speaking with Martin at Henlow Car Centre - he knows his classics.

Gully

Herts and Beds meet at the Raven  Hexton every fourth monday of the month at 8pm

Great for food before a  meet if thats needed

So yes its tonight,  you dont need to be in the classic to attend ,  bring wife partner or whatever its good mix

and a snazzy raffle

Pete

4 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I won this in our last raffle, supposed to be a sponge, but I think our then leader bought a batch in Ann Summers. Requires baby oil apparently. 

mop.PNG.5c2481aecb51ceb96c60b4e7593e62fe.PNG

db

Just the ticket for polishing that oil gun of yours! ?

Gully