AC Fuel Pump Vitesse Mk2

Paul H

For some reason getting fuel issues ie lack of fuel. Engine starts runs then 5 mins down the road , lack of power and its straight back home before she stops . Leave for 5 mins and she'll go again though needs revs and extremely lumpy  and stops . Im getting fuel through when priming and have visual indicator at the carbs with inline glass filter - After she has stopped the glass is empty hence my logic in that the fuel pump is an issue . I also checked fuel line from tank to pump and that runs freely - I checked that with adding a cycle inner tube over the fuel intake and blow , any leaks will show and fuel comes all the way through to the pump. The diaphram is new as are all the gaskets - so changed the 1 way valves , the old ones seemed ok but that was only thing left .

My question is how do I lock the valves in ie with a round chisel or is it with a press 

Any other input welcomed as running out of ideas - Up to now the car has performed faultlessly and with 2500 miles with current setup cant fathom whats wrong - The only thing ive done is to upgrade small sections of pipe from R6 to R9 at the carb end and any slithers would be caught by the inline fuel filter . Ive removed the piping from fuel pump to carbs , checked and all clear 

Paul 

fuel pump.jpg

5 minutes ago, trigolf said:

Do you not 'peen' the valves in place in about three locations - 120 degs ?  with something like a small diameter steel pin punch ?

Gav

Yes - one of the positions is at around 11 o'clock on the left hand valve in the picture above.

Gully

17 minutes ago, Gully said:

Did you check the pump output on the starter, squirting the fuel into a bottle?

Gully

Hi Gully yes i have fuel output to start with then it stops so intermittant output. So changing the valves just in case its the valves. The inlet valve was loose in its setting. Will be checking when the new valves are locked in

Paul