GT6 mk3: Wiring loom route from top of rear arch to rear lights.

Thanks Mat. That’s the route I was going to take, including the lower / bottom cable clip. I’ve added some  aluminium P clips at three of the lamp to body fixings, to take the strain off the push-on connectors and edge protection at the apertures where the loom goes through, I’ll post some pic’s later. My night dim relay came with spire-nuts to fasten it to the inner wing (yours doesn’t have them) I assume it goes in the space between the inner & outer, a rather awkward position? Very Triumph. 

Can someone explain the reason (apart from dimming the lights), for the night dimming relay. Some months ago I was advised to take it out of circuit as Triumph lights were dim enough to start with? Not checked, but I assume it dims the rear lights when the other lights are turned on, but why the need?

9 hours ago, Adrian Saunders said:

My night dim relay came with spire-nuts to fasten it to the inner wing (yours doesn’t have them) I assume it goes in the space between the inner & outer, a rather awkward position? Very Triumph. 

Mine does bolt to the inner wing (the 2 holes you can see in the top photo, to the left and above the unit) But you would not see anything if I posted that

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's so as not to blind drivers in the car behind when driving at night. Strange, but true....

I by-passed mine in the end (just connect the same colour wires together, and forget the earth) As has been said before on here, anything less brightness than normal would be dangerous!!?  Even Triumph deleted it after about a year

I think that two of the wires activate the unit when the lights are turned on. That is to say, when the lights are off, the connections to the rear lights are straight through. When the main lights are turned on, this activates the unit relay and dims the lights. In my Spit I'm sure I only removed the feed wire from the main lights and insulated it. This keeps everything tidy and should you want to return the unit to working order you only have to connect one cable. Good idea to lable it so you know what it is in years to come.