Kit Car

Sparty

The TSSC is listed as The Club for all Triumph enthusiasts, but what about kit cars ,I may be getting a Vitesse based Spartan ,which uses chassis engine & all running gear from a Triumph.

Just not sure if this is accepted by the club or frowned upon because an original Triumph would have been destroyed in the past to build it.

A slight word of caution re the spartan. Check to see if it is registered as a spartan, of if it still says vitesse. This may be important, do your own research.

(ie you can't insure it as a vitesse, but if it says vitesse on the V5, it will be nigh on impossible to change it I expect, though there may be a way)

Check when the Spartan was last on the road.

Legislation killed off a good few that were incorrectly registered, and it all but impossble to get them on the road now.

I was lucky with my Moss, The LVLO changed it when it had not become an issue, many were not so lucky.

It is not usually possible to get an old kit-car through an IVA/SVA.

You could always convert it back into a Vitesse.. :-)

Just not sure if this is accepted by the club or frowned upon because an original Triumph would have been destroyed in the past to build it.

If it kept another car on the road then it was worthwhile… senseless destruction of good cars i.e. banger racing are one thing; breaking an end-of-life car to save others helps us all. Done it myself more than once… :) 

• Like 1