Graham Bell, Four stroke tuning, book

daverclasper

Hi.  This book appears to be the bible.

Not looking to highly tune my engine, more looking at an understanding of basic carb/dizzy issues/improvements, that  may affect/improve healthy engine running.

Any folk read this one please.

I'm quite used to working with the basic settings, explained in the manuals etc. wondering if this book goes into more specific detail about how worn engines/dizzy's/carb's affect running   

Thanks, Dave

My copy has a slightly different title, "Four Stroke Perfomance & Tuning" (not to be confused with his "New Generation Engines P&T") so this may not be the exact same edition, but the first is excellent.  Bell is an Aussie, so slight bias towards US style big engines, but not enough to make it unsuitable for UK.  MIne is definitely dog-eared, dirty and well worn!

THE Bible IMHO is "Theory & Practice of Cylinder Head Modification" by Vizzard.   There's a copy on Amazon that the seller wants £2,132.43 for!  But another at £60.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have that book in hardback as a 1988 revised edition, found it for sale at a book fair some years ago - priced £2.

Very comprehensive and detailed. I can understand some of the chapters without issue, others will require me to either read it a dozen times yet; or take another degree in the appropriate field 😊 !!

If you do get the chance to purchase the title, it will be worth doing and a great addition to your technical library / knowledge.

Regards.

Richard.